Have you ever thought about what your life will look like in your “golden years”? And if you’re already there, how strong are your legs? Keeping strong legs for life is something that a person constantly can be practicing.
Today’s WOD you will be shown how to get strong legs at home. Because all I show people in the first year is body weight movement, you can do these exercises anywhere. Now let’s move to the benefits of strong legs at this present moment and later in life…
- More Muscle: You can find studies showing that Squats & Deadlifts increase the release of Growth Hormone & Testosterone more than any other exercise. These are natural muscle building hormones.
- Bigger Upper-body: Squats & Body weight Deadlifts work your whole body, not just your legs. If you can’t train your upper-body because of an injury, you can prevent muscle loss in your upper-body by doing Squats & Deadlifts.
- More Strength: Stronger legs and core muscles will increase your strength of your upper-body and thus help upper-body muscle development.
- Symmetry: I know I’m preaching all the time you shouldn’t care about what other people think, but a big upper-body with toothpick legs looks ridiculous. It’s all the “Flamingo Syndrome”. Nobody look or FEELS good with that.
- Mental Strength: Here’s the real reason why people don’t train their legs: it’s physically & mentally hard. That’s why doing Squats and Deadlifts will build your mental endurance & character like no other exercise.
Because people that work with with me don’t typically want to gain MORE muscle, I figured I would put these benefits in here because they truly do help your mind and body work together as ONE. While today’s WOD doesn’t have any Deadlifts it, they will return again #Kobernation, don’t you worry 😉
Therefore being aware of your bodies abilities can help you become MORE mobile and STAY that way for life!
So let’s get to it shall we?
WOD #183 Keeping Strong Legs For Life
Warm-Up – 5 Minutes Cardio
Tabata Training Or 20-30 Reps Total For Each Exercise
- Side Kick Squats
- Side Crunch Squats
- Squat Calf Raise
- Squat Side Bends
Cool Down – 5 Deep Breaths In Down Dog Pose
You Got This!
If you have any suggestions for me or want to know more about what I can do for you, then please email me at [email protected]
Was this WOD helpful? Share this WOD with someone who needs to see it.
Furthermore consider sharing it. I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below also.
Body Weight Movement Coach
Jed Kobernusz’s Coaching Blog
Email: [email protected]
Hang Out With Jed On:
Considering Coaching in addition to your current routine? Go to the Coaching or Work With Me page to find out more about my approach to weight loss that has helped MANY people.
PS: For just a couple bucks a day, let me guide you through an exclusive process with TREMENDOUS results and the best part is that I’ve used it. Most of all, I KNOW it will benefit you too… Click Here To Get Started
PSS: Want more motivation? Tired of the same old crummy routine of life? Rather then going to another newsletter you won’t ACTUALLY read, hop on mine to get your daily dose: JedKobernusz.com/Newsletter
If you enjoyed this post about some Keeping Strong Legs For Life , retweet and comment below what was most noteworthy please.